3910 Palmer Park Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
“Sinister” to open its doors to the public for the first time ever!
-by Theadore Kerkowski
Something curious is happening this year at the infamous “Sinister” complex located at 3910 Palmer Park here in Colorado Springs. Whether the proprietors are using the rich local folklore to generate revenue or a more devious plan is coming to fruition is unknown, however the rumors are true: “Sinister” will be opening its doors (for those who pay admission) temporarily rebranding as a “Haunted Attraction” beginning September 22nd, 2017. Since its establishment June 5th of 1982, “Sinister” has been, without question, the most controversial and secretive organization in the western United States, perhaps the western hemisphere.
The Inneas House, a boarding home for “The Hurt, Helpless, and Homeless” (as their famous hand scrawled sign indicates) and a medical facility only known as “The Sanitarium” (supposedly aimed at the mental and physical recovery of their patients) make up the complex commonly referred to as “Sinister”. The unofficial name itself is thought to be derived from organizations’ elusive founder Sid Inneas Nash (aka S.I.N.). Although little is known about the establishment, several instances over the past few decades have cast a dark shadow and caused mass speculation regarding the businesses true nature. Before running out to buy tickets, here are a few facts you should probably know:
- The Inneas House and Sanitarium are privately funded. With the exception of the initial building plans and an safety audit by the local insurance adjuster, there has been no government oversight since 1982.
- The afore mentioned insurance inspection was performed by auditor Hershel Bradley. Bradley was approached by local law enforcement to devise a plan to gain legal access to the complex in an effort to confirm or deny allegations of “Sinisters” role in several missing persons cases. Bradley, with assistance from CSPD set up hidden cameras outside the facility to monitor patient flow. Allegedly (although the evidence is now missing) they observed high levels of patient intake, but zero exiting over the course of many weeks. Using simple mathematics Bradley purposed getting a warrant to inspect the premises based on the occupancy being higher than city code allowed for. Witnesses at the time of the inspection stated that Bradley entered the facility at 9:46 am August 7th, 1996 and exited at 4:34 pm the same day. Bradley’s statement at the time was identical to his official written report: “My calculations regarding the occupancy of this facility were inaccurate. Mr. Nash is a beacon of hope to this city and a highly valued citizen of our community. No further investigation is required”.
- Insurance adjuster Hershel Bradley died seven days later, August 14th 1996 from a massive heart attack. He was 31 years old.
- Only one confirmed patient of “Sinister” has ever left the facility. This patient’s name has never been made public as per their request. Allegedly the patient removed a letter from the desk of S.I.N. moments prior to their departure June 6th, 2006 (which some refer to as “the escape”). This letter was at the time, and still remains highly controversial due to its composition. DNA evidence has proven that the letter, in its entirely, was written in human blood; this blood had been collected from a minimum of thirteen different sources none of which appeared in any government database. As the volume of blood was very small and sources could not be questioned regarding the nature of the collection process, foul play could not be proven and no charges were ever filed. The following is a transcription of the letter still on file with the CSPD. Hoax or not; you decide.
June 6th 2006
My Lord Valak,
I, your humble and eternal servant, write to you this day as you requested so long ago to speak of the state of affairs here in the mortal realm. I have followed your instructions to the letter. The Manor was rebuilt brick by brick, exactly as you instructed, aside the old asylum. They come to us now…no need to seek them out…just as you said they would. Through compassion and conditioning I break them…one by one…for you. For decades now we have tediously prepared the souls for their long journey to join you…to empower you. Soon will be your time to join us…here. As planned, one last mass collection is yet to transpire…eleven years more will seem like an eternity.
Awaiting your return
Sid Inneas Nash
In summation to my readers, regardless of the evidence behind “Sinister” and its history, I for one am ready to know the truth…whatever the cost. I hope you will join me in September to put this mystery to bed, once and for all.
Rules, Disclaimers & Warnings
READ BEFORE ENTERING ANY OF THE ATTRACTIONS!
- No Running
- No Video or Photography
- Remove All Jewelry/Earrings
- No High Heels–Must Wear Shoes
- No Touching Props or Actors
- Keep Your Hands to Yourself
- Not Responsible for Lost or Stolen Items
- Do Not Enter if you are Pregnant or have Broken Bones/Casts
- You May Be Removed From Attractions without Refund
Warnings and Disclaimers
Hellscream reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone. You will experience intense audio, lighting, extremely low visibility, strobe lights, fog, damp or wet conditions, moving floors, special effects, sudden actions, and an overall physically demanding environment. You should NOT ENTER this haunted house if you suffer from asthma, heart conditions, prone to seizures, physical ailments, respiratory, or any type of medical problem, or are pregnant, or suffer any form of mental disease, including claustrophobia. Closed Circuit cameras are used throughout this attraction.
DO NOT ENTER the attractions if you are intoxicated, wearing any form of cast, medical brace, using crutches, or have any type of physical limitation. Do not enter the attractions if you are taking medication or using drugs of any type. You will not be admitted if any of these conditions are to be noticed by our staff.
DO NOT ENTER IF YOU SUFFER FROM ASTHMA • HEART CONDITIONS • SEIZURES • OR ANY TYPE OF MENTAL, PHYSICAL, RESPIRATORY, AND/OR MEDICAL PROBLEMS. DO NOT ENTER THE ATTRACTIONS IF YOU ARE NOT PHYSICALLY FIT. ATTRACTIONS REQUIRE GUESTS TO WALK GREAT DISTANCES.
THESE ATTRACTIONS USE STROBE LIGHTS, FLASHING LIGHTS, AND FOG.
DO NOT smoke, run, eat, or drink inside the attractions. Additionally, there is no touching of the actors, customers, or props inside the attractions. No video or flash photography may be taken inside the attractions. You will not be admitted and asked to leave the property if any of the rules are not followed.
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Your ticket is a revocable license and may be taken and admission refused upon refund of purchase price prior to entering the attraction. Holder of this ticket understands that there are inherent risks involved in attending these attractions. Holder voluntarily assumes all risks and dangers associated with participation in these attractions. In consideration and acceptance of entrance into these attractions, holder agrees to release the operators, its parent corporations, affiliates, officers, directors and employees, and landlord from any liability, harm, injury or death, cost or expense whatsoever that may arise, directly or indirectly, from attending this attraction or any of the attractions at this location. There will be no refunds following admission into the attraction.